Water Meter Reading

A part of closing for a property using City of Janesville water is to turn in a water meter reading to the closing company. The water meter can usually be found in the lower level of a home and is usually found near mechanicals that use water(water softener, heater, purifier...) The water meter is attached to the copper water pipe coming up out of the floor and the numbers that need to be turned in are found on top of the meter(in this case 102512). These numbers(all 6 digits, including any "0's") are used by the closing and water company to determine a final water bill.